DOUBLE THE CREDIT. HALF THE TIME. ZERO THE TUITION.
Get ready to take the entrance exam at SRTC with the ACCUPLACER mobile app!
Ready to apply for our Dual Enrollment Program? Apply Now!
What if you were able to take exciting college classes while you are in high school earning both college and high school credit? What if you could get started on your career years early and save a lot of time and money? If this sounds good to you, then you are ready to MOVE ON at SRTC!
- Save time! You can earn an associate’s degree while finishing high school at NO COST to you or your parents!
- Save money! Your tuition, mandatory fees and books are fully covered.
- Save HOPE credits! Courses taken under Dual Enrollment don’t count against the maximum hourly caps for HOPE scholarships or grants.
- Flex your schedule! You can participate in Dual Enrollment in any semester – and you can choose convenient times for on-campus or online classes.
- Transfer your credits! Many of your credits are guaranteed to transfer to other colleges and universities in Georgia if you decide to continue your studies for a bachelor’s degree.
- For more information visit www.doublethecredit.org
Test Score Requirements
- SAT: 450 Reading, 440 Math (exams taken through February 2016)
- SAT: 25 Reading, 26 Writing, 24 Math (as of March 2016)
- ACT: 17 Reading, 16 English, 19 Math
- ACCUPLACER: 64 Reading, 70 Sentence Skills, 57 Algebra
- COMPASS: 79 Reading, 62 Writing, 26 Pre-Alg
- SAT: 430 Reading, 400 Math (exams taken through February 2016)
- SAT: 24 Reading, 25 Writing, 22 Math (as of March 2016)
- ACT: 13 Reading, 12 English, 17 Math
- ACCUPLACER: 55 Reading, 60 Sentence Skills, 34 Math
- COMPASS: 70 Reading, 32 Writing, 26 Pre-Alg
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be enrolled in the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade of a private or public high school in Georgia, or a home study program in Georgia operated in accordance with state law.
- Be admitted to an eligible, participating University System of Georgia, Technical College System of Georgia or private postsecondary institution as a dual credit enrollment student
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the eligible postsecondary institution (college or university). To find out more on SAP requirements at Southern Regional Technical College, click here.
The new Dual Enrollment program covers all postsecondary tuition, mandatory fees and books, for up to 15 credit hours (full time). SRTC has committed to a NO COST structure for all high school students, therefore no fees will be charged to students enrolled in Dual Enrollment.
Be sure to adhere to the application deadlines for both Southern Regional Technical College and your high school. Please submit your application and all required paperwork (transcripts, test scores, consent form and photo ID) prior to the semester you are entering. You will also need to submit an application for Dual Enrollment for each semester.
Dual Enrollment Library Orientation
Click image above to view the orientation.
For more information please contact one of the Dual Enrollment staff members below!