Adult Education at Southern Regional Technical College
Southern Regional Technical College now offers multiple options for achieving your high school equivalency. Two computer-based testing (CBT) pathways are available through testing centers or proctored at home: the GED® test or the HiSET® exam. The services are free and available online and at various locations in Colquitt, Decatur, Early, Grady, Miller, Mitchell, Seminole, Thomas, Tift, Turner, and Worth counties.
Adult Basic Education Includes the Following Services:
- Adult Literacy face-to-face and online free classes
- Career Training (IET)
- English Classes
- GED test & HiSET exam Preparation classes (Math, Science, Social Studies and English Language Arts)
- Preparation classes for GaHSE options are free. Contact your local Adult Education Center for information about courses.
- Scholarships are available to assist with GED® Test fees and HiSET® Exam fees. See your local adult education center for more information.
- For a comparison of the GED® Test and HiSET® Exam, view this resource.
- Request a GED® and HiSET® Transcript
Due to public health concerns, the GED® test and HiSET® exam can both be taken at home in a proctored environment. The GED® test option is called the Online Proctored GED and the HiSET® option is called HiSET at Home. These options require a computer, camera, speakers, and Internet connectivity for the individual delivery of the test at home or in another secure location.
- TCSG COVID-19 Parent Consent – Students ages 16 and 17 are considered under-age and may need the consent of a parent or guardian to test. Please check your testing confirmation email for requirements.
- TCSG COVID-19 Student Waiver – All test-takers 18 years and over may be ask to sign a waiver document. Please check your testing confirmation email for requirements.
Adult Education (GED & HiSET) Contact Us
- Ashburn – 229-567-8781
- Bainbridge – 229-248-2517
- Blakely – 229-724-2445
- Cairo – 229-378-2909
- Camilla – 229-522-3641
- Colquitt – 229-758-5592 ext 5025
- Donalsonville – 229-524-8719
- Moultrie (Industrial Drive) – 229-217-4181
- Sylvester – 229-516-3992
- Thomasville – 229-225-5292
- Tifton – 229-391-2615
- Online Classes – 229-217-4181 or firstname.lastname@example.org