Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates & Resources
Attention Faculty, Staff, and Students:
- Fill out the self-reporting form as soon as possible
Notify your instructor(s)/supervisor that you submitted the Self-Reporting Form.
Do NOT return to campus until Exposure Control has emailed you with a return date.
Employees and students please DO NOT come to campus if you feel sick or develop symptoms of COVID19.
*You must be logged into your SRTC Microsoft 365 account (using your single sign on credentials) to access the link below.
For urgent matters contact the Exposure Control Coordinator, Jill Burnette, at 229-456-1955 or email email@example.com
Student Code of Conduct Addendum: COVID-19 and Public Health-Informed Campus Policies
Southern Regional Technical College intends to perform its educational mission while protecting the health and safety of its students, faculty and staff, and minimizing the potential spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, within the community.
Risks of COVID-19
In order to understand the risks that you face by returning to campus, you must understand that COVID-19 is a highly infectious, life-threatening disease declared by the World Health Organization to be a global pandemic.
COVID19’s highly contagious nature means that contact with others or contact with surfaces that have been exposed to the virus, may lead to infection. Additionally, individuals who may have been infected with COVID-19 may be asymptomatic for a period of time or may never exhibit symptoms at all.
Because of its highly contagious and sometimes “hidden” nature, it is very difficult to control the spread of COVID-19 on campus or to determine whether, where, or how a specific individual may have been exposed to the disease. Southern Technical College is taking steps recommended by public health authorities to minimize the risk of spreading this disease on our campus.
Southern Regional Technical College cannot and does not guarantee a COVID-19-free environment, and there remains a risk that you may contract COVID-19 if you come onto campus to live and/or attend classes. We are providing you with the following notice as well regarding the risk of contracting COVID-19 when you enter upon our campus:
Warning - Under Georgia law, there is no liability for an injury or death of an individual entering these premises if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of contracting COVID-19. You are assuming this risk by entering these premises.
In order to minimize the risks associated with COVID-19, the policies and guidelines below are incorporated into the Southern Regional Technical College Student Code of Conduct and are applicable to all students. Your compliance with these requirements is essential to assisting the college in minimizing the risks to you and other members of the community.
You are subject to all guidelines for individuals related to the COVID-19 pandemic established by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In addition, the State of Georgia has issued guidelines for personal behavior during the COVID-19 pandemic and you must comply with such guidelines at all times. You understand that both sets of these guidelines may change, and it is your responsibility to ensure that you understand and comply with these guidelines at all times.
From time to time the College may implement additional requirements restricting your behavior and you agree to comply with such requirements.
You understand that these conditions and limitations on your personal behavior are necessary in order to reduce the risk of transmitting and/or being infected by the COVID-19 virus and that your failure to comply with these responsibilities may jeopardize your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of others in the campus community, potentially causing severe illness and death.
1. Students will comply with governmental, state, and campus directives concerning maintaining required physical distancing (six feet) between themselves and other individuals on campus;
2. Students will use a face covering of their choosing that conforms to CDC guidelines anytime that they are in an indoor space where the College deems that social distancing is not practical, including but not limited to academic spaces and dining areas (except while eating) unless given different instructions by authorized college personnel;
3. Students will engage in frequent hand-washing and follow proper sneeze and cough etiquette, as recommended by the CDC;
4. If students develop any symptom of COVID-19 as described by the CDC, they will immediately:
- Inform the College by notifying appropriate personnel at:
SRTC COVID-19 Self-Reporting Form
- If required by the College, agree to remain in self-quarantine for a time period determined by the College, in consultation with public health authorities, and/or move to a different room in order to receive medical care and/or self-quarantine.
The above conditions may change, and students agree to follow all college directives relating to COVID-19 and public health requirements.
Any failure to adhere to any of the above directives is a violation of the Code of Conduct that may result in sanctions, including but not limited to suspension or dismissal from the College.