The purpose of this page is to provide assistance to our students during the transition to online courses and other campus information that may have been affected by the COVID-19.
*Masks must be worn to appointment. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
As registration begins, we have some campus updates for you:
- To make a registration appointment with your advisor, login to DegreeWorks to verify that your advisor has not changed then contact your advisor. Registration appointments will occur via phone call or through email. Registering early ensures that you have the best selection of classes available to you.
- Beginning July 6, students can make appointments via email for face-to-face meetings on campus with admissions, financial aid, career services, the registrar’s office, student account representatives, and/or the bookstore. These meetings are by appointment only.
- Fall semester books will be available for purchase beginning August 11 using Financial Aid and third party pay.
- Our staff is working diligently to ensure we are following CDC protocol for proper sanitation, installing plexiglass in reception desk areas, practicing social distancing, and ensuring the safety of everyone on campus.
We are monitoring the following email addresses daily. For questions or assistance, please email one of the following departments.
Financial Aid: Finaid@southernregional.edu
Business Office: Studentaccounts@southernregional.edu
Blackboard/Distance Education: Blackboardhelpdesk@southernregional.edu
SRTC Online Tutoring Services
To connect with a tutor or librarian, log in to Blackboard. On the left side of the page under the Tools menu, you will see a link called SRTC Tutoring Services.
The SRTC Tutoring Services link will take you to the Self-Enrollment page. There, you will click Submit and then OK. Upon entering the SRTC Tutoring Services page, on the left side of the screen, you will see a link called Collaborate, where you will find the Course Room. During posted tutoring hours, one or more of the SRTC tutors or librarians will be ready and waiting to assist you through a
Don't worry! If you're new to using Collaborate, we can help you get the hang of it.
Admissions & Financial Aid
Our team is here to help! If you have questions about these areas, please email:
- Admissions: email@example.com
- Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar: email@example.com
You are welcome to apply online or download, complete, and submit by mail, email, or fax, the paper application. You will receive additional information and acceptance by mail. Please visit www.fafsa.gov to apply for financial aid.
Current students and those students already accepted for Summer Semester:
Review the Technology Guide for help with your student email and any online learning questions.
Fall Semester Classes will begin on August 18, 2020.
Fall semester courses will begin Tuesday, August 18, 2020. The last day of Fall semester is December 9, 2020.
Plans for coursework that include lab time or clinical hours are still in progress and will be modified to respect the social distancing mandate.
Thank you for your patience with us.
Southern Regional Technical College (SRTC) is proud of the diverse resources it has available to assist students in their academic learning experiences. SRTC is especially proud of the numerous assistive services it has available to offer to students. While tutoring centers are closed at this time, there is online tutoring available. Visit southernregional.edu/academic-resources, for more information.
Distance Education (Online Learning)
We know that these uncertain times have impacted every part of your lives, but we are here for you. We are working diligently to prepare for you to complete spring semester online. During this transition our Distance Education team will be available by phone and email to address your questions and concerns. For information on how to get started in Blackboard, our Technology Guide, and other important online learning information, please visit: www.southernregional.edu/distance-education.
For assistance, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Update: Due to concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus, all Adult Education classes and GED test session have been temporarily suspended. Current students may email their instructor for assistance with Aztec, Essential Education, and Burlington English online assignments. Prospective and current students may use free learning platforms such as Khan Academy or USA Learns.
For more information, visit: https://southernregional.edu/adult-education-ged
For assistance with your student account, please email email@example.com
Please monitor www.southernregional.edu/covid-19 for current information about access to campus facilities. As of Friday, March 13th, the College is closed to students, the public, and nonessential personnel until further notice.
Due to the continuing public health threat posed by COVID-19, we have decided to postpone the June 4, 2020 Commencement Ceremony. Southern Regional Technical College will hold our next Commencement Ceremony December 1, 2020 at the UGA Conference Center in Tifton. This ceremony will honor all spring, summer, and fall semester graduates earning degrees, diplomas, or certificates.
UGA Conference Center
15 RDC Road
Tifton, Georgia 31794
For more information visit: https://southernregional.edu/graduation
For SRTC related updates, FAQ’s, and CDC recommendations, please visit: www.southernregional.edu/covid-19.
The College strongly recommends following CDC prevention guidelines, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
For updates from the State of Georgia, visit: https://dph.georgia.gov/novelcoronavirus.
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Which students do the closures affect?
- All SRTC Campus locations are closed. These closures impact traditional face-to-face students, online students, dual enrollment students, and adult education (GED) students.
Who do I contact for program or course-specific questions?
- Please contact your instructor directly via email. If you do not know your instructor’s email address, please consult the Faculty & Staff Directory: https://southernregional.edu/faculty-staff-directory
Who do I contact for Financial Aid questions?
- Please consult this online Guide to Financial Aid Applications: http://southernregional.edu/how-to-apply-for-aid
- For more general information regarding Financial Aid, please visit the Office of Financial Aid online: https://southernregional.edu/financial-aid
- If you have further questions about Financial Aid, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who do I contact with questions about my student account/paying my tuition online?
- Please visit the Business Office online for detailed online payment instructions: https://southernregional.edu/pay-tuition-online
- Email email@example.com with questions or concerns.
Who do I contact with questions about previously scheduled Continuing Education, Personal Enrichment Courses, Facility Rentals, or Business & Industry Training?
- Please contact the Economic Development representative in your community via email: https://southernregional.edu/economic-development/locations
Who do I contact for questions about Testing or Admissions?
- The online application is currently down and will reopen April 1, 2020.
- For questions regarding testing, exams, or admissions, please visit the Office of Student Affairs online: https://southernregional.edu/admissions
- You can also email the admissions staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Will I be able to meet with my advisor and register for classes?
- At this time, the next registration is scheduled for May 13.
- We encourage you to contact your advisor via email. If you do not know your advisor’s email address, please consult the Faculty & Staff Directory: https://southernregional.edu/faculty-staff-directory
Will I need to log into my online classes?
- You are not required to log into your online classes at this time to complete assignments. However, please check your student email and blackboard regularly for updates on when online courses will resume. If you would like to continue to complete your coursework assigned online, you can; however, submissions are not required during this time.
Will I have access to tutoring services?
- You may access online tutoring services free of charge through Smarthinking. The Smarthinking link is located in your Blackboard course.
- If you have questions about Smarthinking or difficulty accessing Blackboard, please email email@example.com
- You may access online library services by visiting https://southernregional.edu/library.
How do check my email remotely?
- Everyone with an SRTC email address can check their email by logging into https://outlook.office.com.
- For more specific instructions on how to check your email, please read this post: https://southernregional.edu/blog/how-to-check-srtc-email-remotely
- If you experience technical issues, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Will Custodial services be working?
- Custodial and Maintenance teams will continue working limited hours with increased attention to disinfecting all campus locations.
Will the Campus Bookstore and Library be open?
- All campus bookstores are closed until campuses reopen.
- You may access online library services by visiting https://southernregional.edu/library.
Will I have to make up these classes at a later date?
- Academic Affairs is working with our accreditation body and the TCSG to determine what will be needed to confirm academic requirements have been met. Additional guidance will be provided at a later date. Please check your email.
I have a question that was not addressed above.
- For additional assistance, please visit https://southernregional.edu/contact-us
For additional information, visit https://southernregional.edu/coronavirus