The purpose of this page is to provide campus information that may have been affected by the COVID-19.
All SRTC locations and classes will resume regular operating hours today,
Due to numerous flash flood watches and warnings in our service delivery area, we have decided to cancel all evening classes for today, September 16, 2020. Additionally, all SRTC locations will be closed at 4:30 pm.
Please be safe and stay tuned to the SRTC website for further updates.
Student Code of Conduct Addendum: COVID-19 and Public Health-Informed Campus Policies
Southern Regional Technical College intends to perform its educational mission while protecting the health and safety of its students, faculty and staff, and minimizing the potential spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, within the community.
Risks of COVID-19
In order to understand the risks that you face by returning to campus, you must understand that COVID-19 is a highly infectious, life-threatening disease declared by the World Health Organization to be a global pandemic. There is no vaccine for COVID-19 at this time.
COVID19’s highly contagious nature means that contact with others or contact with surfaces that have been exposed to the virus, may lead to infection. Additionally, individuals who may have been infected with COVID-19 may be asymptomatic for a period of time or may never exhibit symptoms at all.
Because of its highly contagious and sometimes “hidden” nature, it is very difficult to control the spread of COVID-19 on campus or to determine whether, where, or how a specific individual may have been exposed to the disease. Southern Technical College is taking steps recommended by public health authorities to minimize the risk of spreading this disease on our campus.
Southern Regional Technical College cannot and does not guarantee a COVID-19-free environment, and there remains a risk that you may contract COVID-19 if you come onto campus to live and/or attend classes. We are providing you with the following notice as well regarding the risk of contracting COVID-19 when you enter upon our campus:
Warning - Under Georgia law, there is no liability for an injury or death of an individual entering these premises if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of contracting COVID-19. You are assuming this risk by entering these premises.
In order to minimize the risks associated with COVID-19, the policies and guidelines below are incorporated into the Southern Regional Technical College Student Code of Conduct and are applicable to all students. Your compliance with these requirements is essential to assisting the college in minimizing the risks to you and other members of the community.
You are subject to all guidelines for individuals related to the COVID-19 pandemic established by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In addition, the State of Georgia has issued guidelines for personal behavior during the COVID-19 pandemic and you must comply with such guidelines at all times. You understand that both sets of these guidelines may change, and it is your responsibility to ensure that you understand and comply with these guidelines at all times.
From time to time the College may implement additional requirements restricting your behavior and you agree to comply with such requirements.
You understand that these conditions and limitations on your personal behavior are necessary in order to reduce the risk of transmitting and/or being infected by the COVID-19 virus and that your failure to comply with these responsibilities may jeopardize your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of others in the campus community, potentially causing severe illness and death.
1. Students will comply with governmental, state, and campus directives concerning maintaining required physical distancing (six feet) between themselves and other individuals on campus;
2. Students will use a face covering of their choosing that conforms to CDC guidelines anytime that they are in an indoor space where the College deems that social distancing is not practical, including but not limited to academic spaces and dining areas (except while eating) unless given different instructions by authorized college personnel;
3. Students will engage in frequent hand-washing and follow proper sneeze and cough etiquette, as recommended by the CDC;
4. If students develop any symptom of COVID-19 as described by the CDC, they will immediately:
- Inform the College by notifying appropriate personnel at:
- If required by the College, agree to remain in self-quarantine for a time period determined by the College, in consultation with public health authorities, and/or move to a different room in order to receive medical care and/or self-quarantine.
The above conditions may change, and students agree to follow all college directives relating to COVID-19 and public health requirements.
Any failure to adhere to any of the above directives is a violation of the Code of Conduct that may result in sanctions, including but not limited to suspension or dismissal from the College.
*Masks are required be worn at all on-campus appointments. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
As registration begins, we have some campus updates for you:
- To make a registration appointment with your advisor, login to DegreeWorks to verify that your advisor has not changed then contact your advisor. Registration appointments will occur via phone call or through email. Registering early ensures that you have the best selection of classes available to you.
- Beginning July 6, students can make appointments via email for face-to-face meetings on campus with admissions, financial aid, career services, the registrar’s office, student account representatives, and/or the bookstore. These meetings are by appointment only.
- Fall semester books will be available for purchase beginning August 11 using Financial Aid and third party pay.
- Our staff is working diligently to ensure we are following CDC protocol for proper sanitation, installing plexiglass in reception desk areas, practicing social distancing, and ensuring the safety of everyone on campus.
We are monitoring the following email addresses daily. For questions or assistance, please email one of the following departments.
Financial Aid: Finaid@southernregional.edu
Business Office: Studentaccounts@southernregional.edu
Blackboard/Distance Education: Blackboardhelpdesk@southernregional.edu
SRTC Online Tutoring Services
To connect with a tutor or librarian, log in to Blackboard. On the left side of the page under the Tools menu, you will see a link called SRTC Tutoring Services.
The SRTC Tutoring Services link will take you to the Self-Enrollment page. There, you will click Submit and then OK. Upon entering the SRTC Tutoring Services page, on the left side of the screen, you will see a link called Collaborate, where you will find the Course Room. During posted tutoring hours, one or more of the SRTC tutors or librarians will be ready and waiting to assist you through a
Don't worry! If you're new to using Collaborate, we can help you get the hang of it.
Admissions & Financial Aid
Our team is here to help! If you have questions about these areas, please email:
- Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid: email@example.com
- Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are welcome to apply online or download, complete, and submit by mail, email, or fax, the paper application. You will receive additional information and acceptance by mail. Please visit www.fafsa.gov to apply for financial aid.
Current students and those students already accepted for Summer Semester:
Review the Technology Guide for help with your student email and any online learning questions.
Fall Semester Classes will begin on August 18, 2020.
Fall semester courses will begin Tuesday, August 18, 2020. The last day of Fall semester is December 9, 2020.
Plans for coursework that include lab time or clinical hours are still in progress and will be modified to respect the social distancing mandate.
Thank you for your patience with us.
Southern Regional Technical College (SRTC) is proud of the diverse resources it has available to assist students in their academic learning experiences. SRTC is especially proud of the numerous assistive services it has available to offer to students. While tutoring centers are closed at this time, there is online tutoring available. Visit southernregional.edu/academic-resources, for more information.
Distance Education (Online Learning)
We know that these uncertain times have impacted every part of your lives, but we are here for you. We are working diligently to prepare for you to complete spring semester online. During this transition our Distance Education team will be available by phone and email to address your questions and concerns. For information on how to get started in Blackboard, our Technology Guide, and other important online learning information, please visit: www.southernregional.edu/distance-education.
For assistance, email: email@example.com
COVID-19 Update: Due to concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus, all Adult Education classes and GED test session have been temporarily suspended. Current students may email their instructor for assistance with Aztec, Essential Education, and Burlington English online assignments. Prospective and current students may use free learning platforms such as Khan Academy or USA Learns.
For more information, visit: https://southernregional.edu/adult-education
For assistance with your student account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please monitor www.southernregional.edu/covid-19 for current information about access to campus facilities. As of July 20, 2020 all SRTC locations are open to the public. Masks are required while on campus.
Due to the continuing public health threat posed by COVID-19, we have decided to postpone the June 4, 2020 Commencement Ceremony. Southern Regional Technical College will hold our next Commencement Ceremony December 1, 2020 at the UGA Conference Center in Tifton. This ceremony will honor all spring, summer, and fall semester graduates earning degrees, diplomas, or certificates.
UGA Conference Center
15 RDC Road
Tifton, Georgia 31794
For more information visit: https://southernregional.edu/graduation
For SRTC related updates, FAQ’s, and CDC recommendations, please visit: www.southernregional.edu/covid-19.
The College strongly recommends following CDC prevention guidelines, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
For updates from the State of Georgia, visit: https://dph.georgia.gov/novelcoronavirus.
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Which students do the closures affect?
- All SRTC Campus locations are closed. These closures impact traditional face-to-face students, online students, dual enrollment students, and adult education (GED) students.
Who do I contact for program or course-specific questions?
- Please contact your instructor directly via email. If you do not know your instructor’s email address, please consult the Faculty & Staff Directory: https://southernregional.edu/faculty-staff-directory
Who do I contact for Financial Aid questions?
- Please consult this online Guide to Financial Aid Applications: http://southernregional.edu/how-to-apply-for-aid
- For more general information regarding Financial Aid, please visit the Office of Financial Aid online: https://southernregional.edu/financial-aid
- If you have further questions about Financial Aid, please email: email@example.com
Who do I contact with questions about my student account/paying my tuition online?
- Please visit the Business Office online for detailed online payment instructions: https://southernregional.edu/pay-tuition-online
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
Who do I contact with questions about previously scheduled Continuing Education, Personal Enrichment Courses, Facility Rentals, or Business & Industry Training?
- Please contact the Economic Development representative in your community via email: https://southernregional.edu/economic-development/locations
Who do I contact for questions about Testing or Admissions?
- The online application is currently down and will reopen April 1, 2020.
- For questions regarding testing, exams, or admissions, please visit the Office of Student Affairs online: https://southernregional.edu/admissions
- You can also email the admissions staff at email@example.com
Will I be able to meet with my advisor and register for classes?
- At this time, the next registration is scheduled for May 13.
- We encourage you to contact your advisor via email. If you do not know your advisor’s email address, please consult the Faculty & Staff Directory: https://southernregional.edu/faculty-staff-directory
Will I need to log into my online classes?
- You are not required to log into your online classes at this time to complete assignments. However, please check your student email and blackboard regularly for updates on when online courses will resume. If you would like to continue to complete your coursework assigned online, you can; however, submissions are not required during this time.
Will I have access to tutoring services?
- You may access online tutoring services free of charge through Smarthinking. The Smarthinking link is located in your Blackboard course.
- If you have questions about Smarthinking or difficulty accessing Blackboard, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may access online library services by visiting https://southernregional.edu/library.
How do check my email remotely?
- Everyone with an SRTC email address can check their email by logging into https://outlook.office.com.
- For more specific instructions on how to check your email, please read this post: https://southernregional.edu/blog/how-to-check-srtc-email-remotely
- If you experience technical issues, please email: email@example.com
Will Custodial services be working?
- Custodial and Maintenance teams will continue working limited hours with increased attention to disinfecting all campus locations.
Will the Campus Bookstore and Library be open?
- All campus bookstores are closed until campuses reopen.
- You may access online library services by visiting https://southernregional.edu/library.
Will I have to make up these classes at a later date?
- Academic Affairs is working with our accreditation body and the TCSG to determine what will be needed to confirm academic requirements have been met. Additional guidance will be provided at a later date. Please check your email.
I have a question that was not addressed above.
- For additional assistance, please visit https://southernregional.edu/contact-us
For additional information, visit https://southernregional.edu/coronavirus