Economic Development at Southern Regional Technical College (SRTC) delivers training whenever and wherever you want it! We partner with employers to provide customized on-site training to improve the skills your company requires. Our training capabilities include computer and software training, leadership, soft skills, team building, and so much more. The process begins with skills assessments that will identify the areas for improvement. If your business has applicants or employees that need to be evaluated, the Economic Development at SRTC can meet that need with the Work Ready assessment and job skills assessments.
Our on campus classes are available on a very flexible schedule including days, evenings, and weekends. The Economic Development department maintains relationships with highly competent, specialized, and experienced instructors for almost any training need. We take pride in delivering high-quality training and customer service.
For more information about customized training, please call us at a location nearest you.
Director of Economic Development – Moultrie
800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie, GA 31788
O: (229) 217-4257
Vice President for Economic Development
15689 US Highway 19 North
Thomasville, GA 31792
O: (229) 227-2414
For a list of upcoming courses by location, please visit our course calendar.
Frequently Requested Customized Training Topics
- Health and Safety
- Industrial and Mechanical
- Supervisory and Leadership Development
- Customer Service
- Computer and Business Technology
- Work Ethics
- Professional Certification
On-Site Welding Training
Whether it’s upskilling existing employees or preparing the entry-level workforce, SRTC Economic Development divisions can tailor training to meet local workforce needs for the manufacturing environment. Learn about our mobile welding lab.
These self-study online courses meet the challenge for flexible technical training through an intuitive, easy-to-use web portal. Each course topic is about one-hour with the exception if Industry 4.0 Fundamentals with topics that are about 20-30 minutes. Graphics, videos, simulations, etc. create interactive opportunities to learn new technical skills previously restricted to the classroom. You may purchase a 180-Day (6 months) all-access subscription for $300 per person. For purchasing information, please contact Dennis Lee at 229-227-2414.
For additional training information based on product categories, please visit Amatrol eLearning. (Training requires subscription purchase).
Management and Supervisory Workshops
Coaching (2 hours)
- Understand the role of a coach
- Discuss the key techniques involved in successful coaching
- Discuss how to apply this knowledge to improve employee performance
Communications (4 hours)
- Defining and understanding communications
- How to remove or minimize barriers
- What is “total communication?”
- How to communicate more effectively!
- Why tone of voice is so important
- Non-Verbal Communications
- E-Mail Etiquette
Conflict Management (4 hours)
- Conflict Process
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Conflict
- Sources of Organizational Conflict
- Approaches to managing Conflict
- Third Party Conflict Resolution
Interpersonal Employee Relations (4 hours)
Leadership Styles (2 hours)
- Review different leadership styles.
- Identify Leadership Style for Participants
- Provide methods for communicating with subordinates
- Reinforce the need for consistency
Leadership Styles for Supervisors (2 hours)
- Answers why we manage the way we do.
- Review different leadership styles.
- Identify what style you use and what style(s) could be related to your subordinates.
- Provides information that helps you improve your personal style of managing.
- Reinforces the need for consistency.
Teamwork (2 hours)
- Teams Defined
- Role Clarification
- Groups vs. Teams
- Four stages of Team Development
- How to motivate teams?
Time Management (2 hours)
- How to stay focused on your top priorities
- Maintaining commitments to the big picture and other activities
- Keeping multiple goals moving forward
- Developing your own plan using tools and methods that work for you
- Reducing stress and gain more life balance by eliminating focus robbers
Understanding the Four Generations in the Workplace (4 hours)
- Characteristics and Differences
- Events and Experiences
- Generation Timeline
- Bridging the Generation Gaps
5S Program (4 hours)
- Define the 5S Program
- Explain the five parts of the Program
- Provide description of 5S Program implementation
Diversity (3 hour)
- What workplace diversity means.
- What’s Changed Since September 11?
- How it impacts our organization.
- Understanding the four generations in the workplace.
- Discrimination and diversity.
- Company policy.
- Myths and realities about diversity.
- Ways to make diversity work.
Customer Service Telephone Techniques for Exceptional Customer Service (2 hours)
- Class Activities to determine vocal quality, listening skills and how well you work with a telephone
- How to present a positive telephone service image by understanding the powers and pitfalls of the telephone and how perceptions are formed.
- How to develop and maintain a positive vocal picture
- Listening skills, the key to exceptional customer service
- Seven parts to a telephone call. Learn how to become more effective during each part.
- Sentences you should never use
- Using voice mail
- Practical exercises to record, listen to and critique each participant’s “telephone voice”
Dealing with Difficult Customers (2 hours)
- What is a difficult customer and why this term is relative
- Clues of difficult customers
- Why Customers Leave or are Frustrated
- How to handle an angry customer
- A model that works!
- Complaints or Opportunities?
- This session includes skits and role play