At Southern Regional Technical College we believe that you are here because of your drive to gain the skills necessary to prepare for a career in today’s fastest growing occupations. The Career Services and Counseling office has a full-time director who is dedicated to helping students, recent graduates, and alumni find employment in their chosen fields.
We can help you prepare for and conduct your job search. Although your success depends to a great extent on your academic history, your work ethics, and your involvement in the job search process, we can assure you that we will prepare you for the job search by:
- Assisting in resume preparation or resume review
- Conducting mock interviews
- Sharing ideas on how to dress to impress a potential employer
- Providing help in career/ job-market research
- Marketing your skills to potential employers
- Generating job leads
It is the goal of SRTC and the Director of Career Services to help students realize a high degree of personal and professional development and successful employment.
Southern Regional Technical College is proud of its 100% Graduate Placement Rate for Academic Year 2014 (July 1, 2013 to June 31, 2014) and In-Field Job Placement Rate of 98.45%, this combination was on of the highest placement rates among the 22 technical colleges in the State of Georgia!
Please call to make an appointment with Dr. Jeanine Long (Thomasville and Cairo) or Dana Lewis (Moultrie and Tifton) if you are looking for a job. There is no charge for any of the services provided. Appointments are recommended, but walk-ins are welcome as time permits. You can also start by visiting SRTC JobLink.
Employers: We appreciate your interest in our students and graduates. We will do everything possible to help you develop a positive relationship with Southern Regional Technical College. Would you like to post a job? Would you like to a part of our annual job fairs in Moultrie each spring, Thomasville or Tifton each fall? Please visit SRTC JobLink to post employment opportunities.
Career Placement Resources
Virtual Job Shadow is a one-stop, multimedia career planning resource that helps at every stage, from career exploration to landing a job. Experience what it’s like to job shadow at top companies, build a resume, find jobs and internships in your career field, and more. To access this great resource, create an account (using your college email address as your username) or simply log in if you already have an account.
MCP Online Career Exploration
MCP enables you to:
- Self-Assess your career related Interests, Skills & Abilities, Values and Personality Type. The results are used to identify occupations matching your personal attributes. You can combine the results of any 2 or more of their assessment profiles and experiment with the level of education to which you aspire.
- Broaden your career horizons by exploring occupations and education programs that match their assessment profiles. MCP has over 1200 occupations, most with videos, and 3,500 major areas of study and training programs. Complete descriptions of occupations are provided including the nature of the work and duties, education& training requirements, skills, earnings, advancement, job outlook, work settings etc.
- Search for specific occupations by Name and Type of Industry
Job Link Need to know what jobs are available? SRTC Joblink allows you to have 24/7 access to our online job board, a resume builder and Career Services events. You can log into SRTC JobLink by going to: https://southernregional-csm.symplicity.com.
Dr. Jeanine Long
Director of Career Services & Counseling
Career Services Coordinator
Moultrie Veterans Parkway