Georgia's HOPE Career Grant
Students interested in entering a field in which there are plenty of jobs openings can choose to enroll in one of 12 programs of study for which FREE TUITION is available! The HOPE Career Grant can be the boost a student needs to get started on rewarding career in a well-paying job, and without accumulating a lot of student debt. Southern Regional Technical College (SRTC) offers many programs under the HOPE Career Grant umbrella: Commercial Truck Driving, Computer Information Systems, Early Childhood Care and Education, Industrial Maintenance, Practical Nursing, Precision Manufacturing, and Welding & Joining Technology.
Students will automatically qualify for the HOPE Career Grant if they meet these three criteria:
- HOPE Career Grant awards are based on the student’s program of study and the number of hours of enrollment.
- The grant is available only for eligible students who are pursuing certificates and diplomas.
- High school students participating in dual credit enrollment are not eligible for the HCG award until they graduate.
The HOPE Grant is an award given to Georgia residents enrolled in a certificate or diploma program at a TCSG institution. The qualifying GPA for the HOPE Grant is a 2.0.
This HOPE Career Grant will provide students taking nine hours or more $500 per semester and those taking eight credit hours or less $250. The HOPE GED Grant, HOPE Grant, and HOPE Career Grant can be awarded in the same term, if all other eligibility requirements are met up to cost of attendance. High school students in dual enrollment programs are not eligible for the HOPE Career Grant.
Eligible HOPE Career Grant programs at SRTC:
- Advanced PLC and HMI Technician
- Basic Electronic Assembler
- Basic Mechatronics Specialist
- Basic Mechatronics Technician
- Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Biomedical Electronics Technician
- Central Sterile Supply Technician
- Child Development Specialist
- Commercial Truck Driving
- Early Childhood Care & Education diploma
- Electronics Technology
- Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Health Information Coding
- Industrial Electrician
- Industrial Fluid Power Technician
- Industrial Motor Control Technician
- Industrial Systems Technology
- Manufacturing Maintenance Specialist
- Mechatronics Specialist
- Medical Front Office Assistant
- Medical Language Specialist
- Microsoft Network Administrator
- Mobile Electronics Technician
- Networking Specialist diploma
- Nurse Aid
- PC Repair and Networking Technician
- Practical Nursing
- Programmable Control Technician I
- Surgical Technology
- Vertical Shielded Metal Arc Welder Fabricator
- Welding and Joining Technology
For the Technical College System of Georgia information sheet on Georgia's HOPE Career Grant Award please click here.
You may email us at email@example.com.
You may also contact our office at:
Moultrie Veterans Parkway