Frequently Asked Questions

Where is Southern Regional Technical College located?

Southern Regional Technical College has 8 locations. Visit campus & sites for a listing of each location.

What are the hours of operation?

Bainbridge, Blakely, Cairo, Thomasville, and Tifton:
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Closed on Fridays)

Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 5:30pm
Friday 8:00am – 3:00pm

*Summer Hours (Memorial Day – July 31): Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 5:30pm

What is the admission’s office fax number?

The Fax number is: 229-248-2623 (Bainbridge), 229-891-7010 (Moultrie), 229-227-2666 (Thomasville), and 229-391-2626 (Tifton).

Who do I speak with to set up a tour or information session?

You may contact our Student Affairs department at 229-243-4251 (Bainbridge), 229-891-7000 (Moultrie), 229-225-5060 (Thomasville), and 229-391-2600 (Tifton) to schedule a tour.

Are the books included in the cost of the tuition?

No, the cost of the books is separate from the tuition. Please visit the campus store for more information.

Does SRTC have a senior citizen rate for tuition?

Residents of Georgia who are 62 years of age or older may request a tuition waiver. If tuition is waived under this policy, admission will be granted only on a space available basis. Proof of age must be presented at registration to receive a tuition waiver. This policy applies to regular and institutional credit courses only. It does not apply to continuing education courses, non-credit courses, or seminars.

What is SRTC's Federal School Code for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)?

Our Federal School Code is 005615.

Do you offer any services for disabled students?

Yes, Southern Regional Technical College can provide classroom accommodations, and/or adaptive equipment. Documentation will be needed before services will be provided. Please visit the Disability Services webpage for more information.

What is a program student?

A program student is one who has completed the admissions requirements and received an acceptance letter for a degree, diploma, or certificate program.

Does SRTC offer classes for calculus and biochemistry?

Southern Regional Technical College offers a variety of general education courses each semester. View the School of Arts & Sciences (General Education) for a full listing.

I am an international student. What do I have to do to be accepted?

Southern Regional Technical College accepts international students who are not U.S. residents but have provided documentation that they have received a Georgia High School Diploma, Georgia G.E.D. or other documentation establishing they are legally in the country, such as a green card.

Southern Regional Technical College is not approved by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) as an I-20 school. We do not accept students with F & M visas.

You must have your transcripts officially evaluated from an evaluation agency such as Joseph Silny and Associates or WES. Please check online if you need an official form at If you are requesting college transcripts you will want to request a course-by-course evaluation. High school transcripts should be evaluated as document-by-document. For more information contact the registrar at 229-217-4142.

What is the process for enrolling at SRTC?

You can enroll in three simple steps! Visit the How to Apply page for more information.

Where can I get an application?

The application process is all online. Visit our website at and Apply Now.

Can I fax my transcripts?

No, faxed transcripts are not considered official. Transcripts must either be mailed directly from the institution, received electronically through Parchment, or can be hand carried in an official sealed envelope.

To what address do I send my transcripts?

Southern Regional Technical College
ATTN: Registrar
800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie, GA 31788

Do I need to send my transcript from high school even if I have a college degree?

Some programs will require an official copy of your high school transcript. This will be determined on an individual basis.

What do I need to do if I did not attend SRTC in the semester for which I applied?

If a student does not attend for the term specified, the student must be re-admitted after 2 semesters. The student record must be current in order to register for classes.

How do I change to a different program of study?

A change of program form must be completed and submitted at

What programs are day only?

Most health science programs are offered only during the day.

What times do day classes usually run?

Day classes are from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m.

What programs offer evening classes?

Most programs and many general education courses are offered in the evenings in Bainbridge, Cairo (limited offerings), Moultrie, Thomasville, and Tifton.

Where do I pay fees?

Fees can be paid online at SRTC’s Pay Online webpage with a credit card or can be paid in person at the Campus Store (bookstore) in Moultrie, Thomasville, or Tifton.

What method of payment do you accept?

Check, Cash, Money order, and Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard)

How do I find my advisor?

All new students should start in the STAY ON T.R.A.C.K. Center.

I have some college credit, will any credits transfer?

Registrar personnel will evaluate the official transcript and determine what credits are able to transfer.

If I take some classes at SRTC , will those credits transfer to a four-year university?

It is up to the receiving institution as to what credits they will accept. However, SRTC is approved to offer 28 general education (core) courses that are guaranteed to transfer to all University System of Georgia universities and colleges, as well as, all private universities in the State of Georgia.

What is the lowest grade in a class you will accept for transfer credit?

A minimum grade of “C” is needed in all courses that you would like to receive transfer credit.

Is SRTC an accredited college?

Yes, Southern Regional Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). See our Accreditations page for more information.

When are financial aid refunds issued?

Refunds are issued four weeks after the first day of classes for each semester.

How do I drop or withdraw from a course(s)?

Students can withdrawal by speaking with their advisor or by filling out the Student withdrawal form available through their Blackboard account.

How do I add a class?

Students can add or drop a class to their schedule during registration and the drop/add period by contacting their advisor or by visiting BannerWeb.

What is the minimum educational requirement for the programs at SRTC?

Students who attend Southern Regional Technical College must have a high school diploma or a GED. Some certificate programs do not require a high school diploma for admission. See SRTC catalog.

What is a special admit student?

Special admit students are those who want to take credit courses, but do not plan to pursue a degree, diploma or certificate. Special admit students do not qualify for financial aid.

If I am applying as a special admit student, do I still need to have my transcripts sent?

Special admit students are not required to provide copies of transcripts unless they need to verify that a prerequisite requirement has been met.

How many credit hours can I take as a special admit student before I have to declare a program?

Special admit students can receive credit for an unlimited number of courses but may transfer only 15 credit hours into a specific program for award seeking purposes. The students have the prerogative of applying for regular student status but must meet the requirements of the regular student admissions process. This includes the State approved assessment process. The number of hours taken as a special admit student in no way waives the requirements of the regular admission process.

What is a transient student?

Transient students are students that are currently enrolled at another post-secondary institution and want to take credit classes at Southern Regional Technical College. Transient students must submit an application, pay the $25 application fee, and submit a transient letter from the home institution.

How do I get a transient letter?

You must request a transient letter from the Registrar’s office at your home College. Students from other TCSG colleges, who wish to take online courses at SRTC need to go to GVTC to apply for those courses.

What are the requirements to be a Georgia resident?

To be classified as an in-state student for tuition purposes, an individual must show that he or she has been a legal resident of Georgia for a period of no less than twelve (12) months immediately preceding the date of registration. Further, the State of Georgia requires not only recent physical presence in Georgia, but also the element of intent to remain indefinitely. Out-of-state students who move to Georgia may apply for change of status after 12 months of residency.

What proof do I need to qualify for in-state status?

Documentation to prove intent to remain a Georgia resident must be presented. Proof of intent can be, but not limited to, driver’s license, voter registration card, and automobile registration.

What post-secondary credit opportunities are available for high school students?

The Dual Enrollment program offers high school students the option to begin working toward a college degree, while still pursuing a high school diploma. Visit our Dual Enrollment web page for more information.

When is the application deadline for acceptance?

Southern Regional Technical College does not utilize an application deadline for most programs. Some of the Health Science programs do have a deadline date in place. Specific program information is available on the program website. Contact the Student Affairs office for further information.

I haven’t taken the Admissions Placement Exam (Accuplacer), can I still register?

Applicants to Associate Degree, Diploma or Certificate programs must take Southern Regional Technical College ’s admission test, Accuplacer, unless acceptable SAT, ACT, ASSET, or GED/HiSet scores submitted or if college course work satisfies this requirement.

What are the most credit hours I can register for in a semester?

Students cannot register for more than 18 hours within a semester without the written permission of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.

Where can I register?

Advisement is an important part of the registration process. All new students should start in the STAY ON T.R.A.C.K. Center.

I am having trouble registering on-line, who do I need to speak with?

Students having trouble with web registration should contact their Advisor or the Registrar’s Office.

Does Southern Regional Technical College offer online courses?

Southern Regional Technical College offers online courses for several programs at the college. Most general education courses are offered online. The Business Management degree program is now 100% online.

What GPA does an honor graduate need?

A cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher is needed in order to be considered an honor graduate.

When Should I Apply for Graduation?

Students that will be completing their graduation requirements should apply for graduation when they register for their last semester of classes.

How much is the graduation fee?

Students must pay a $40 graduation.

Will I be notified of acceptance into the program that I applied to?

All applicants are notified in writing of their admissions status to their program of choice.