What is Dual Enrollment?
Dual Enrollment is a program that allows qualified high school students to maximize their education and career training by taking courses that earn college and high school credit at the same time! Some students may choose to enroll fully into a degree, diploma or technical certificate of credit program, or they may choose to just take a few courses. Participating in the Dual Enrollment program is a great incentive for high school students to get ahead on their college coursework!
Interested in taking Dual Enrollment courses?
- Step one- Meet with your high school counselor regarding to request to participate in Dual Enrollment at SRTC
- Step two- Submit Dual Enrollment application under the Apply Now tab to the right
- Step three- Submit GAFutures online funding application at https://www.gafutures.org/hope-state-aid-programs/scholarships-grants/dual-enrollment/
We will contact you with further information!
- 10th – 12th grade students at a participating eligible public or private high school or home school program in Georgia may enroll in Dual Enrollment through Southern Regional Technical College and earn credit toward both high school graduation or home study completion and college. Students must have approval from their high school guidance counselor and their parents to participate.
- 10th grade students are eligible to take occupational/CTAE courses.
- 11th-12th grade students are eligible to take occupational/CTAE or academic/core courses.
- Students must meet SRTC admission testing requirements.
- Beginning in Summer 2022, all males aged 18 or older must register for Selective Service at https://www.sss.gov/register/ in order to receive Dual Enrollment Funding.