Congratulations on your upcoming graduation. We are proud of your accomplishments and look forward to celebrating with you soon.
Wednesday, December 6th at 11:00am
2500 East Shotwell Street
Bainbridge, GA 39819
Students must apply for graduation no later than November 13th
Please fill out the Graduation Application to register for an upcoming graduation. Graduates who have completed their Graduation Application will receive an email regarding plans. Once the graduation form is submitted and processed, an email will be sent to the student’s email confirming that their application was received, processed, and the graduation fee of $40 was posted to their account. All graduation information regarding ceremony information and cap and gown sizing times and locations will be sent to the student’s Southern Regional email account.
Please join our Alumni Association so we can stay updated on your accomplishments after SRTC!
Cap & Gown Information:
Information coming soon.
Graduation Dress Code
Attention graduates: Only SRTC issued graduation regalia is allowed for the ceremony. Stoles, other than those earned from induction into the National Honor Society, are not allowed. Do not decorate caps. Graduates will be asked to remove unauthorized stoles and/or purchase a new cap if decorated.
Dark dress pants
Dark dress OR Dark pants/shirt
Neutral or black hose/stockings
Black shoes with low heel
Commencement is a significant moment for graduates. It marks a pinnacle of achievement. Southern Regional Technical College celebrates the occasion with formal pomp and circumstance. To ensure the dignity and solemnity of this occasion, please be mindful of the following:
- Guests should arrive in time to be seated on the lower level of the Student Wellness Center before the procession begins, preferably one hour prior to the scheduled start time of the ceremony.
- Late guests will not be allowed to enter the lower level of the Student Wellness Center during or after the procession.
- Late arrivals will be able to enter at the upper level during the ceremony.
- Guest seating is first-come, first-seated.
- Please refrain from using noise-makers or shouting while awards are being presented on the stage.
Procession: Begins promptly at 11:00am. The ceremony usually lasts 1 – 2 hours. Members of the graduating class will need to check in at Building 300 and then proceed to the line up area prior to the ceremony. SRTC personnel will direct you to the appropriate seating location for your program.
Presentation of the Candidates: The Vice President of Academic Affairs will present the candidates for the various programs to the President. The President will deliver the conferral remarks. The candidates for the various programs will then be asked to approach the stage for presentation.
Instructions for Approaching the Stage:
- Ascend the ramp on the right hand side of the stage
- Hand the name card to the reader
- Wait for your name and academic honor, if applicable, to be spoken
- Walk across the stage to be greeted by the President
- Receive the diploma tube from special guest on stage
- Descend the ramp on the left side of the stage
- Have your picture taken
- Return to your seat and remain standing until all graduates in your row have received their diploma and returned to their seat.
Distribution of Diplomas: Diplomas will not be distributed during the ceremony. You will receive a diploma tube during the ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed to the address provided on your application for graduation after final confirmation of degree completion. Please allow approximately three (3) to four (4) weeks after the date of commencement for receipt of your diploma. Transcripts with degree awarded will be available approximately two weeks after commencement.
Conclusion of Ceremony: After the benediction, SRTC faculty will lead the recessional followed by the graduates. Guests should remain standing until the recessional is complete. Guests who exit the Student Wellness Center before the recessional will be directed outside to avoid congestion in the halls and on the stairs. Graduates may want to designate a post-ceremony location to meet your family and guests.
For more information about the graduation, please email email@example.com.