Managing Student Loan Debt
Southern Regional Technical College does not participate in the federal loan program; however, often students attend SRTC who have received loans at prior institutions. Students who fail to make the required student loan payments (default on student loan payments) are ineligible to receive additional state and federal financial aid until their loans are in a “good standing” status. Many repayment options are available. Below are resources designed to assist students in managing student debt.
*ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR LENDERS HAVE YOUR CURRENT CONTACT INFORMATION.
Federal Student Aid Programs
These FSA sites provide information on loan consolidation, repayment plan options, and payment calculators for federally issued student loans.
National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS) for Students
The NSLDS site provides information on current student loan balances, loan status, and lender information. You will need your FSA ID to login to this system.
FSA Informational Videos
- Federal Student Aid You Tube Channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/FederalStudentAid
- How to Manage Student Loan Debt, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flG4gFIiZzU
- Responsible Borrowing, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTHtn0FRMWw
- Budgeting, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ib-bdko5cE
- Repayment, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJHySMdXjxE
Georgia Student Finance Authority (GSFA)
The GSFA site provides information on loan and KIT payments for the Student Access Loans (SAL). Information is also provided on financial literacy.