All applicant’s must submit a completed application for admission and pay a $25 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete the ACCUPLACER placement exam offered by SRTC or submit satisfactory SAT, ACT, or ASSET scores if taken within the past five years. Official transcripts from regionally or nationally accredited postsecondary institutions document equivalent program-level English and math coursework and may be used in lieu of completing the assessment.
- Submit an official high school transcript or GED® diploma with test scores and all postsecondary transcripts. Applicants who have completed (C or better) a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours at the degree level may submit official college transcripts in lieu of high school diploma or GED® diploma. Special Education or Certificate of Attendance diplomas are not recognized for admission purposes. Applicant’s must request official transcripts (high school, GED®, college) be mailed to the Admissions Office at Southern Regional Technical College at one of the addresses listed below.
*Students from secondary schools outside the United States must have transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved outside organization.
Effective January 1, 2012, all students applying for in-state tuition must provide validation of lawful presence in the United States.
Review the SRTC Procedure: Admissions for more information. The Admissions Office will notify applicants of acceptance status.
Learn more about the Admissions Process today!
Apply by Mail or In Person
Please complete all sections of the application and print clearly. Applications must be mailed with a $25 nonrefundable application fee to an Admissions Office at Southern Regional Technical College.
To set up an appointment to take the admissions placement exam please contact the admissions department by calling 888-205-3449, or present SAT, ACT, or Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) in English/Language Arts scores that are not more than five years old.
Contact the Admissions Office if you do not receive communication within two weeks after you return an application.
Click here if you have a disability that may require you to receive special assistance.
Out-of-state students will pay tuition at twice the rate of Georgia residents. Florida residents living in Leon, Jefferson, and Gadsden counties are not subject to out-of-state tuition. Due to a reciprocal agreement, Alabama students are not subject to out-of-state tuition. Southern Regional Technical College is not approved to serve international students.
Several of our programs in the School of Health Sciences have competitive admissions criteria including but not limited to: admissions scores, GPA, and weighted scoring combinations whereby the top ranked students are admitted to the program. Information on competitive admissions criteria and other requirements may be obtained in the Admissions Office. Some programs have additional requirements or prerequisite courses that must be taken prior to taking technical courses or receiving official acceptance to the program. Completion of prerequisite courses does not guarantee program admission. Advisors will discuss these requirements with the applicants.
Competitive Admissions Requirements:
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Nursing-Bridge
- Radiologic Technology – Degree
- Respiratory Care – Degree
- Surgical Technology – Degree
- Veterinary Technology – Degree