State Board of the Technical College System of Georgia
The State Board of the Technical College System of Georgia is the governing board of SRTC; it is responsible for establishing standards, regulations, and policies for the operation of the Technical College System of Georgia, the state's 22 technical colleges, technical college economic development programs, and adult literacy education programs. The Board strives to promote the economic well-being of Georgia citizens by ensuring high-quality training, providing upgrade training, and offering services as a full partner in the expansion of Georgia's economic base. The Board executes its responsibilities in two primary ways:
- By adopting policies to provide general guidelines for governing the system, and
- By appointing a Commissioner, who is given the responsibility and authority for the administration of the system in accordance with the adopted policies and who is the chief executive officer of the State Board of the Technical College System of Georgia.
For more information visit:
Local Board of Directors
Southern Regional Technical College is supported and advised by a board of directors composed of twelve (12) members who were nominated for their positions by area industry and educational officials. Each member was selected and approved by the State Board of the Technical College System of Georgia.
The board’s purpose is to advise on program direction, serve as a check and balance for the development and implementation of college goals, objectives, policies and procedures, and advocate within the community issues of importance to the technical college system, and Georgia’s workforce development efforts.
Local Board Members:
- Dr. Sabrina Boykins-Everett, Board Chair - Thomas County
- Mr. Jim Carter - Thomas County
- Ms. Kim Gilman - Worth County
- Mr. Lewis Herndon - Colquitt County
- Ms. Lynn Lovett - Tift County
- Mrs. Marjorie Mayfield – Decatur County
- Ms. Katrina McIntosh - Colquitt County
- Mr. Don Sims - Thomas County
- Dr. Bonita Richter-White - Mitchell County
- Mr. Julian Brown - Grady County
Schedule & Meeting Minutes
The Southern Regional Technical College board of directors meets at 8:00 a.m. on the fourth Thursday of most months at alternating locations.
2019-2020 Board of Directors Meeting Dates
- Thursday, July 25, 2019 (Thomasville) 8am
- Thursday, August, 22, 2019 (Moultrie VPC) 8am
- September, Date TBD (Thomasville) 8am
- Thursday, October 24, 2019 (Bainbridge) 9am
- No Meeting in November or December
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 (Moultrie VPC) 8am
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 (Thomasville) 8am
- Thursday, March 26, 2020 (Moultrie VPC) 8am
- Thursday, April 23, 2020 (Thomasville) 8am
- Thursday, June 25, 2020 (Tifton) 8am