State Board of the Technical College System of Georgia
The State Board of the Technical College System of Georgia is the governing board of SRTC; it is responsible for establishing standards, regulations, and policies for the operation of the Technical College System of Georgia, the state's 22 technical colleges, technical college economic development programs, and adult literacy education programs. The Board strives to promote the economic well-being of Georgia citizens by ensuring high-quality training, providing upgrade training, and offering services as a full partner in the expansion of Georgia's economic base. The Board executes its responsibilities in two primary ways:
- By adopting policies to provide general guidelines for governing the system, and
- By appointing a Commissioner, who is given the responsibility and authority for the administration of the system in accordance with the adopted policies and who is the chief executive officer of the State Board of the Technical College System of Georgia.
For more information visit:
Local Board of Directors
Southern Regional Technical College is supported and advised by a board of directors composed of twelve (12) members who were nominated for their positions by area industry and educational officials. Each member was selected and approved by the State Board of the Technical College System of Georgia.
The board’s purpose is to advise on program direction, serve as a check and balance for the development and implementation of college goals, objectives, policies and procedures, and advocate within the community issues of importance to the technical college system, and Georgia’s workforce development efforts.
Local Board Members:
- Mr. Jim Carter - Thomas County
- Ms. Kim Gilman - Worth County
- Ms. Heather Abbott - Thomas County
- Ms. Lynn Lovett, Board Chair - Tift County
- Ms. Marjorie Mayfield – Decatur County
- Mr. Julian Brown - Grady County
- Lt. Tonero Bender – Colquitt County
- Ms. Dawn Johns – Colquitt County
Schedule & Meeting Minutes
The Southern Regional Technical College board of directors meets at 8:00 a.m. on the second Wednesday of most months at alternating locations.
2019-2020 Board of Directors Meeting Dates
- Jan. 13th at 8:00 am
- Feb. 10th at 8:00 am
- March 10 at 8:00 am
- April 14 at 8:00 am
- May 12 at 8:00 am
- June 9 at 8:00 am