6.6.3sr - SRTC Procedure: Establishing School Organizations
To initiate consideration for the approval to establish a student organization, the organization must:
- be recognized by the US Department of Education;
- solicit support from peers;
- be professional or technical education related;
- gain at least two faculty or staff sponsors who will present to and receive approval from the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Student Affairs; and
- establish operational guidelines in accordance with The Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) State Board Procedure 6.6.3p: Student Organization/Club Accounts.
The President has the right to approve or disapprove the establishment of a new student organization..
The Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Student Affairs has the overall responsibility for ensuring this procedure is implemented.