Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees are payable at registration for each semester except as noted. Students with unpaid fees by the payment deadline will be purged from enrollment records for the term. The payment deadline shall be no later than the seventh calendar day of the term. Fee assessal each term includes registration, technology, instructional, activity, parking, campus safety, and accident insurance fees. FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE BEGINNING OF ANY SEMESTER, OR COURSE.
Applicants for a credit course or program are charged a one time, nonrefundable $25.00 application fee.
Late Registration Fee
Any student who does not register and pay for classes by the designated time will be charged a late fee of $45.00.
Southern Regional Technical College has retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet. Transcripts are $7.50. Visit the Registrar’s Office webpage for more information.
There is a $40 Graduation Fee posted to the student account each term a student applies for graduation. The fee covers all costs associated with graduation, including participating in the ceremony.
Student ID Fee
Students are charged an identification fee of $5 each semester.
The Parking Fee is payable each semester by all students. The fee covers all costs associated with maintaining campus roadways and parking lots at all SRTC locations.
Books, Tools, And Uniforms
- Textbooks: Textbooks are required in all programs and some programs require the purchase of new books each semester. The cost of textbooks will vary among programs and may increase without prior notice.
- Tools: Tools are required in some programs, particularly in the skilled and technical programs. The tools are the property of the student and are essential to the occupational field for which they are training. Total cost will vary among programs. Each student will be given a list of the necessary tools, equipment, and kits that will be required of them.
- Uniforms: Uniforms are required in some programs. Students will be notified when to purchase uniforms, and arrangements will be made by the instructor to facilitate the purchase.
This fee is required of all students who are enrolled in an Early Childhood Education, Cosmetology or program in the School of Health Sciences and will be attending practicum or clinical training at an affiliating practicum or clinical site. This fee is to provide for liability insurance. The fee is charged at registration for the semester in which practicum begins and each July thereafter.
Note: This may mean students in some programs will be assessed twice within one calendar year.
All students are required to participate in a group accident insurance policy provided by the school. The cost for this insurance is assessed upon registration.
Degree and Enrollment Verification
The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) is now Southern Regional Technical College’s authorized agent for providing degree and enrollment verifications. Employers or background screening firms requesting degree verifications may contact the NSC directly at www.degreeverify.com. Anyone needing an enrollment verification may request one in writing from the Student Affairs office, or they may go to www.studentclearinghouse.org.
Exemption of Mandatory Fees For U.S. Active Duty Military, Military Reserve And Georgia National Guard Combat Veterans
- Eligible participants must be Georgia residents who are active members of the U.S. Active Duty Military, Military Reserves and/or the Georgia National Guard and were deployed overseas for active service in a location or locations designated by the U. S. Department of Defense as combat zones on or after September 11, 2001 and served for a consecutive period of one hundred and eighty-one (181) days, or who received full disability as a result of injuries received in such combat zone, or were evacuated from such combat zone due to severe injuries during any period of time while on active service. Additionally, eligible participants must meet the admissions requirements of the College and be accepted for admission.
- Upon request, eligible participants shall receive an exemption of all mandatory fees charged by the College for a term for which all students are required to make payment.
- Students receiving this exemption shall be eligible to use the services and facilities these fees are used to provide. This benefit shall not apply to housing, food service, any other elective fees, special fees, or other user fees and charges (e.g. application fees).
- Presidents have the authority to exempt up to 36 months of tuition and fees toward the award of an associate’s degree, diplomas, or certificates, for military members awarded the Purple Heart or higher combat decoration (Bronze star with valor, Silver Star, Coast Guard Cross, Navy Cross, Air Force Cross, Distinguished Service Cross, or Medal of Honor), their spouses, or their legal dependents up to 26 years of age. In order to qualify, students must first exercise all potential financial aid options available (Pell, VA Benefits, Hope Grant, etc.).
Transient students taking online classes are not charged insurance or activity fees. SRTC does not charge online students for Proctoring when taking classes through a TCSG College. Online students should be aware that other sites may charge fees. The student is responsible for any expenses incurred to secure a proctor.
Dual Enrolled High School students are exempt from paying fees associated with traditional enrollment.
Students attending the Adult Education programs will not be charged tuition fees or any other charges or be required to purchase any books or any other materials that are needed for participation in the program.
Southern Regional Technical College (SRTC) has established parking and traffic policies in an attempt to provide as much freedom as possible while protecting the health and safety of all who attend and visit the campus.
All persons operating a motor vehicle on the SRTC campus do so at their own risk. Students and visitors are encouraged to secure vehicles while parked in the parking lot against theft and damage. SRTC is not responsible for damages or loss incurred while on campus.
Operating a vehicle on campus is a privilege, not a right. All persons operating a motor vehicle on campus are expected to adhere to traffic and parking regulations posted throughout the campus.
In keeping with the state-wide enrollment processing policy from the Technical College System of Georgia, Southern Regional Technical College implemented a three (3) day drop period and a seven (7) calendar day add period at the beginning of each semester, Students have the first three days of each semester to drop any or all of the courses they are registered for. If students drop course(s) during this period, they will receive a 100% refund of all tuition and applicable fees, will not earn a “W” grade in the class and not have any hours counted as attempted hours for financial aid. If students drop any course(s) after the third day of the semester, they will receive no refund, and will have the credit hours count as attempted hours for financial aid. Students who withdraw or are withdrawn after the three (3) day drop period should be aware that they may be required to return a percentage of their Financial Aid award based on the percentage of the course attended.
Refunds, when due, will be made without requiring a request from the student.
Refunds, when due, will be made within thirty (30) days of the following circumstances: (1) of the last day of attendance if written notification has been provided to the College by the student; or (2) from the date the College terminates the student or determines withdrawal by the student.
Semester Tuition and Fee Schedule
|TUITION||ACTIVITY FEE||REGISTRATION FEE||TECHNOLOGY FEE||INSTRUCTIONAL FEE||INSURANCE||PARKING||CAMPUS
|STUDENT ID FEE||TOTAL|
A full-time student is twelve credit hours or more; less than 12 credit hours is considered part-time.
*COMMERCIAL TRUCK DRIVING EXEMPTION: Students enrolled in the Commercial Truck Driving program will pay $132 Per Credit Hour.
|Application (one time, non-refundable)||$25.00|
|Fuel Surcharge Fee (Commercial Truck Driving)||$185.00|
|Graduation Fee (payable with last semester fees)||$40.00|
|Late Registration Fee||$45.00|
|Return Check Fee||$30.00|
|Test Fee (Exemption Exam)||25% of the tuition cost for the course|
- Out-of-state students will pay tuition twice the rate of Georgia residents. Due to a reciprocal agreement, Alabama students are not subject to out-of-state tuition. Students residing in Florida counties contiguous to the Southern Regional Technical College service area (Jefferson, Leon, & Gadsden) are not subject to out-of-state tuition.
- Ineligible non-citizens will be charged four (4) times the rate of Georgia residents.
- The cost of books, tools, uniforms, or special equipment is extra and not included in the fees listed above.
- Cash, check, Master Card, Visa, and Discover are accepted.
- Credit card payment of fees may be submitted online through the College website, www.southernregional.edu.
- Program-specific fees may apply. Contact your advisor for details.
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the SRTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Southern Regional Technical College. If for any reason, a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Southern Regional Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.
Southern Regional Technical College. (2019). 2019-2020 College Catalog and Student Handbook
15689 US Highway 19 North • Thomasville, Georgia