4.1.2sr2 - SRTC Procedure: Faculty Credential
Establish the procedure that Southern Regional Technical College will use to review credit faculty credentials.
- All new faculty (adjunct and full-time) credentials will be reviewed during the hiring process.
- Deans for Academic Affairs will review and update faculty credentials for faculty within their Division each semester and during the Annual Evaluation Process, ensuring the following information is correct:
- official transcript(s);
- level of instruction is approved;
- courses assigned to teach; and
- verification of degrees, certification, and/or related work experience.
- Records will be made of documents not found in the files or documents that are determined to be outdated.
- Faculty members whose files are found to be deficient will be notified and given instructions for obtaining any missing documents.
The Vice President for Academic Affairs has the overall responsibility for ensuring the procedures outlined in this document are fully implemented. Deans for Academic Affairs will review all faculty files within their division and report findings to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.