4.3.2sr1 - SRTC Procedure: Drives and Solicitations
The President of Southern Regional Technical College controls the institution’s fundraising activities exclusive of institution-related foundations that are independent and separately incorporated. As such, the President has prohibited the solicitation of funds by staff members. In some cases, the President may use his/her discretion to authorize fundraising activities for student clubs or other organizations. Such activities must be approved by the President and supervised by a student organization advisor, faculty member, or staff member.
The following procedure outlines the steps that must be taken by club advisors or faculty and staff members in order to gain approval for the fundraising project:
- The fundraising activity must be held in order to raise funds for a purpose approved by the President or his/her designee.
- The activity may involve the sales of products and/or services to members of the public. Such sales cannot be conducted door-to-door and must not occur during class, clinical, or laboratory time.
- The College cannot sponsor any fundraising project that would violate accreditation standards.
- Games of chance or similar activities involving gambling are prohibited.
- All announcements, flyers, etc. generated to promote the fundraising activity must be approved by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, Marketing, and Public Relations and may not be distributed during class, clinical, or laboratory time.
- The President or his/her designee reserves the right to approve the products and/or services to be sold and the cost associated with such.
- All requests for fundraising activities must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event. No activity may commence without written approval from the President or his/her designee. The Student Fundraising Request form must be utilized to gain approval for the fundraising activity.
- College administrative control shall be exercised over all purchase contracts for or on behalf of students which involve the aggregate sum of $100 or more. A requisition for the contracted items must be submitted to the Vice President for Administrative Services. This requisition must indicate the vendor’s name, address, phone number, salesperson, item quantity, item number, cost per item, and sales price as established by the student organization. The Vice President for Administrative Services will set up an account to manage receipts and disbursements from the fundraising activity. Student organization members and advisors are not authorized to make purchases directly from vendors.
The President and all Vice Presidents have the overall responsibility for ensuring this procedure is implemented.